Monday, February 26, 2007

Ghost Rider Roast it's way to the theatres


So we did go to the movies right after a quick diner at the mall food court, I was feeling excited as always, anticipating how good the movie was, thinking about how would it be like, to know the true story of Ghost Rider and to actually see it!! I mean c'mon, Imagine his whole Skeleton Head is on Fire!!!

So When the time comes to 9.30pm, the Mall cinema was packed with Bikers, but not with lots of Fans of the Ghost Rider. One of my friend came out to greet me there and asked me if I was a biker movie fan..My reply was that i wasn't a Biker fan, I Like Bikes yeah, but I'm not paying 7 dollars just to watch a Biker Flick (No Offense) but I'm here because i'm a Big fan of the whole Comic to Film. I mean C'mon..It's GHOST RIDER!!

Okay, I'm not a Big fan of The Ghost Rider, My brother was tho, so i ended up reading a few comics of his, Apparently, this movie is based on 1973-1983's version of Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), the one's i read about was Daniel Ketch. He was at that time my ghost rider, Johnny Blaze at that time was like a angel sidekick, looking out for Daniel Ketch(Ghost Rider).
This Movie was based on the early life of Johnny Blaze, he made a deal with the Devil / Demon (Mephisto).


For Starters, The Actors were okay, i love Mr.Cage's acting, i guess he lived to the charcther's role, but again i wasnt reading the comics, but when he was Ghost Rider, He did the all time trademark of Ghost Rider, they introduced the "Penance Stare" That was Awesome!
What i thought that was Overly done with the characther, was that he points out too much, it was overkill, but i thought since that was the famous point and stare, Why not!!


CG was fantastic for this movie, it was totally awesome, but for some scene they made it quite funny, for example, the first time Johnny Blaze turned into Ghost Rider, His skeleton head was slightly smaller than his broad shoulders. But gradually into the movie, Special effects were improved and it appears to be better. Well done on that.

On that Note, I gotta hand it to you, The Bike was the most beautiful thing i ever so, Imagine riding with flames coming from the wheels, that's just Crazy!! The Transfromation from the Normal bike to the Hell Cycle was just mind blowing. Great design work there.
My favorite part of the movie was when Sam Elliot "Care-Taker" had a scene with Nick Cage, It was sort of the "Passing the Torch" sort of moment, then they went for "One Last Ride".


Storyline was good, i like the whole two demons of satan fighting against each other,along with elements of the world, Earth, Wind, Water and lastly Fire (Ghost Rider). The Story starts of with Johnny Blaze's young life, where he learned to do stunts along side with his father, then only to find out that his father is dieing due to cancer, he made a deal with the devil, only known as Mephisto, but in the movie, Mephisto was called "Mephistopheles".
Overall, . I like the storyline, I like the Actors, I Love Ghost Rider, I Love Comics. so without being bias..I rated this movie an 8 out of 10.




Dedicated for My Brother Ace-man.

A True Ghost Rider Fan




This Blog entry is open for discussion or comment regarding this movie. This is based on my thoughts and apologies for any mistakes or bias comments.

No comments: